Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to 360 properly?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
maxv8989

Default How to 360 properly?

For the past 2 seasons I have been snowboarding, I have been doing decent on the rails, grabs and most all tricks, but one thing that has been holding me back in my inability to spin. Technically, I can land a 360 off a jump, but the problem is, the technique that I use to get a 360 will pretty much only allow me to do 360s, and maybe possibly a 540 but that's pretty much it. In probably way too much detail im going to explain what I do.

First I'm building up speed on the area to the jump, what you normally do.

Then I setup for the spin off the jump.

I pop off the jump, my upper body goes into the spin but my legs stay straight for 2 seconds.

I counter rotate my upper body to get my legs to spin, here I can try to kick my legs in a wheel direction to force them to spin.

My legs move forward and can go up to a 360 spin.

My body is counter rotated to the point where if I spin my legs forward more, or move my arms back more, it would probably injure my stomach.

I probably don't need to explain why this is a problem, but this technique looks bad and limits my spinning ability, and also makes it impossible to do a grab when spinning. So if anybody knows anything about this problem and why my 360's arn't working out, please help out.
Also I have seen most of the videos on how to 360 and 540, but if anybody knows any lesser known but equally important tips, those would be incredibly helpful too.
maxv8989 is offline   Reply With Quote