Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ruroc helmets?
Thread: Ruroc helmets?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
tNt813

Default Ruroc helmets, winter use

Hey, i was reading you comments prior and wanted to give some input as a user of the helmet. I got my helmet at the end of the season but got a chance to use it once. I went to a new resort this past season and it was a bit colder than usuall, I used the helmet with face mask and it was amazing. I was able to breath with ease and my goggles never fogged up. I wear contacts and need good goggles to ensure i can see. I felt that my Ruroc goggles were as good if not better than my burton goggles. The clarity was amazing, and being that i am somewhat sensative to light it provided great protection. In the past I would wear my old goggles and then while on the lift put them up or wear sunglasses, Ruroc goggles felt more comfotable then previous goggles. I do have a smaller head and tend to need smaller goggles, and these still worked great. The helmet was comfortable, and never overheated my head and my face wasn't to hot at all. I loved that when it started to snow I didnt have to worry about wet or moist fleece "turtle" neck on my face. This is my first helmet, but when I decided to get one, i found for the price it offered more than other helmets. With Ruroc you get a helmet, mask and goggles for $250, where a if i went to dicks I would spend around $109 for a helmet and $120-150 for goggles. I still would have to find face protection which hold bacteria and gets wet causing extra chapped lips and sreading germs. So i could spend $259 at the local shop for two items and still have less protection or i could go with Ruroc. Ruroc also gave me a unique look that other helmets do not offer. Over all i am happy with my purchase and as a girl would love an additional one in a diffierent color. lol If you want any more information let me know. hope this helps. take care and safe riding.
tNt813 is offline   Reply With Quote