Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa?
Thread: Rome Targa?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
chupacabraman
Veteran Member

I would agree with most people on this forum that Targas are a great binding. That being said, 90% of snowboard equipment is marketed crap, so I'm saying that in comparison to a bunch of crap. They are good, but I notice you are looking for something strong and you are from Bozeman (some serious riding there... Bridger Bowl is sick).
You might bend your Targa's baseplates (they are aluminum, which is a brital NON-flexible material), I did, as I have with any aluminum binding I've ever used. I'm talking about riding big
Another con is that Rome doesn't make Medium bindings, so if you have a common boot size (9-11) you will probably find them a little big (an extra 1/2" too wide). It didn't seem to be a problem for me, although I would probably try to squeeze into the smalls next time if possible.
You might want to check out the Arsenals, basically the same thing but with a beefier baseplate/heelcup (doesn't have material drilled out).
The straps and the ratchets on the Targa are AWESOME though! (best ankle strap I've ever used?)
Tested: about 60 days of aggressive riding in the Kootenays
Board Used: Rome Agent Rocker 157 (pretty similar to T-Rice, but not owned by every Aussie )
Either way, a really good binding, better than most others on the market.

Last edited by chupacabraman; 08-02-2011 at 04:09 PM.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote