Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targa?
Thread: Rome Targa?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Since when is aluminum brittle? I see more broken Polycarb than snapped aluminum. Maybe BA can chime in if he sees this to correct me as he has way more shop experience than me, but I have seen some Ride bindings come in that were bent to hell, but never any with snapped aluminum. That is why Ride has stuck with aluminum this long, they feel its a superior material and its pliability under stress is one of the major reasons, cause their bindings don't explode, they just bend.

Reflex is bullshit unless you ride with angles of like 9* or less. The mounting disc must sit perpendicular to the edge. But when you rotate the binding for you angles, the window of flex in the baseplate doesn't match up with the disc after a certain degree making the flex window useless. That being said, Forum's system isn't noticable either and it's better designed to handle higher binding angles. If you want better board flex do something with a minidisc. Much of Rides line for 2012 is using it as well as about half of the Raiden line.

If you're worried about board flex get Capos, they have a mini disc.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 08-03-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote