Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #241 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
Sure no problem. I'll use the board for mostly riding down the mountain. I have a Capita Ultrafear that I love but that thing isn't working for me on black diamonds and icy conditions. So looking into something more all mountain that can handle those runs but also be a fun chill ride down. I also have a Burton UnInc. that I use for freeriding (might sell to get a Omni/Enemy/Undisputed/Capit Black Snowboard of Death) so already have two boards. Just looking into getting a third that's right between those two boards. Won't hit boxes or rails but might hit a small jump if anything.

Thinking of getting a Goliath, ET (might be too soft) or Riot. I'm 165 lbs and wear a 10 boot size.
Got it.

The Goliath 158 will be perfect for your needs. You fit well on the 156 and 158 but on the East Coast (and not primarily looking for airs/jibs/spins for this deck) the extra effective edge on the 158 will be welcomed.

The Flat Kick Rocker used on your Ultrafear is really fun and loose...until it hardens up and then the very short running surface and edge contact make it a handful.

Your uninc was a great board, but it was not designed as a freeride specific board. The goliath will actually reach further into freeride than the Uninc did (uninc was designed as a stiffer park board). Were you to go with a three board setup (Ultrafear-Goliath-Omni) you would have one sick and fully covered quiver.

Thanks!

Last edited by Wiredsport; 08-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote