Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #255 (permalink)
howies

Default Whatever questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
That is just under 23 inches. Do you know what width you ride?
Hi Wiredsport,
Loving this bataleon 2012 thread. Have read all the posts on the Whatever.
Really interested in it. Wanted to know you thoughts... I have just moved on from a lib tech banana 159. I loved it but it was time to let it go after a season and a bits abuse.
A few of my riding buddies have bataleons, I've ridden a 159 evil twin 09 and an evil twin 153 10/11 as well as a Jam '10. I straight away threw out the idea of the jam: waay to stiff. I loved both the evil twins but I just felt there was something ever so slightly missing.
I always felt my 159 lib was a little too long. (I mostly charge round the alps. A bit of Park when the weather is okay. A lot of jibbing/side hits and butter attempts as well as powder when it's there) I was thinking 156??

(I am 5'11, weigh 160, 10.5 US foot)

I rode the lib with the widest stance (26 inches/66cm I think) Do you think I'll be okay with the 156 Whatevers max stance width: 57.5cm ? Will I feel much of a change?

Lastly, will I notice the extruded base? Any speed or strength etc differences? Is it something to consider? I have never had one previously..
My sis-in-law has moved to Vancouver so come christmas it's Whistler time. Is a 156 Whatever the board for me?? Any other suggestions.(Would you ever ship to Vancouver??)
Thanks in advance.
howies is offline   Reply With Quote