Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - When to park ?
Thread: When to park ?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

wait 2 years. That is a great benchmark. After 2-3 full seasons of boarding go try your hand at some ride on boxes and rails. Unless you have pretty good board control even getting onto beginner level features will be difficult and awkward. I know the allure of the park is mezmerizing, but i promise you are not at a high enough level to ride the park yet. Go tackle the natural terrain first. Once you can cleanly make it down black runs at your resort without falling then go to the park. While your still learning board control and edge control, learn to ollie, then flat ground 180, Front side and back side. Then fs and bs 180 over things and off things, branches, stumps, lips. While exploring your mountain learining to ride your board on more difficult terrain make the natural features on the mountain your park. I almost find that more fun than hitting boxes and rails. Its all about being creative.

Plus, the park hurts, alot. All of the snow is hard pack, so falling on it is never soft, if you slip off a rail or box and hitting it with any part of your body will hurt alot. Do a jump wrong and there are 1000 different ways to seriously mess yourself up. And at the beginner stage you are at, you will fall on almost everything, its the sad truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote