Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 Darkstar -vs- Nitro Rook + opinions on either?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
chupacabraman
Veteran Member

Default K2 Darkstar -vs- Nitro Rook + opinions on either?

Considering picking up one of these boards... always wanted to try out a Flat deck and my search has pretty much boiled down to these two. (not many shorter wide boards out there)
Probably would be using it 60% for Jumps, 30% for Jibs, 10% freeriding. Here are the main specs.

Rook 154
waist: 252mm
eff.edge: 1150mm
sidecut: 8.4m/7.4m/8.4m

Darkstar Wide 154
waist: 259mm
eff.edge: 1218mm
sidecut: 7.9m

Now my questions...

1. My main concern is that the Eff.Edge on the Rook is abnormally small compared to most boards this size whereas The Darkstar has an Eff.Edge longer or similar to other boards this size. So would be it be correct to assume the Rook would turn like a shorter board? That sounds almost too short, might be a little twitchy for landings?
2. I can't find the Contact Length specs on these boards.. would be nice to know in relation to the eff.edge and overall length. Without knowing the both it's pretty hard to figure out how these will ride.
3. Also how does the Flex compare between these two boards? Which is the stiffer/softer of the two, and how are their flex parterns?
4. And any general opinions on how either of these boards ride?

Thanks.

Last edited by chupacabraman; 08-11-2011 at 12:29 PM.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote