Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - When to park ?
Thread: When to park ?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Karasene
Veteran Member

I agree.. I think 2 years is a bit of a long time to wait to hit park.. I began dabbling in park the end of my first season.. mainly hitting just the first 15-20ft jump a flat box and the table top 10 ft at the bottom with a basic grab. However I was riding at least 5 days a week from dec-april and I also did a lot of mogul runs and I mean a LOT pretending each bump was a tree and worked a ton on edge control of my board. So I had the ability to do blacks and some tree runs. Most the guys said they don't normally see someone progress so much in one season.. but it definitely isn't far fetched for you to do so.

I would definetly take Snowolfs and the others advice and say you should really feel confident with edge control of your board and feel comfortable on blacks and be able to ollie. Switch and fs bs 180s are the first step to advancing into park and like everyone else said you can practice those on green and blues.

You're first ticket to progression is a season pass. No way will you progress much with out one.. most the kids you see who ride park well are riding 40-100+ days a season easy.

on a side note
I want to say Snowolf I am always impressed with how well you answer questions on this forum and I really appreciate having someone like you to give advice. If you ever write a book let me know.

Last edited by Karasene; 08-11-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote