Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed - buying my first setup.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
RCJ87

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Advice needed - buying my first setup.

I hate to add another one of these types of posts to this forum but I would like to hear some opinions before I drop the bones for this board.

I am 5'11", 180 lbs, size 11.5 boot. I just picked this up in 2010 and have about 12 days of riding under my belt. Using only rentals so far.. Not putting up with it for this season. I am decent enough to get around the entire mountain and would like to get into the park at some point. I don't have the stance and angle numbers because I usually just hop on whatever they give me at the shop without a second thought. But, Im guessing they will end being on the more aggressive side of things.

Im looking at a Lib Tech Banana Magic or GNU Altered Genetics. Definitely leaning towards the Banana Magic.

Having a size 11.5 boot can I get by with a 157 (25.4) on the Lib Tech or will I have to go 158W (26.4)? The GNU AG 159 runs a little skinnier.. 25.3 I believe.

Also, binding suggestions and sizing would be welcome.. Looking at Flow, Rome, Ride, K2

Thanks in advance!