Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

StepChild JP Walker 2012 board

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mirsat 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I was thinking about getting the 2012 JP Walker by stepchild. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this model for any of its older models in the past couple years. And you you do have this board could you tell me what bindings you use,cause im trying to find bindings that match it nicely but im having trouble finding some.

#2 ·
I don't know many that have ridden a good grip of Stepchilds. BA has yet to be really disappointed with one and I can speculate that it is going to be a little above mid stiff park zero camber. If that's what you're looking for it should be a good ride.

I'd put 2012 Raiden Phantoms, Salomon Chiefs, or Flux TT30's on

#3 · (Edited)
Hi, last year I used the 2011 JP Walker 151 (1,70 m, 65 Kg) and I thought it was a great ride. I bought the board without testing it in a end of season sale and used it for during a sunny but cold week in Italy, end March. In my opinion it's a good all around/park board, mid flex (a bit to the stiff side) wich was quite good to ride the whole mountain. I mostly spent the days in the park and found it very good for jibs and kickers. Also liked to play around in the pistes and was quite stable at high speeds (for my surprise). Before I rode a cambered board (Burton Custom) and tested some rocker board also (GNU PP, Burton Hero, etc...) and the 0 camber from the Stepchild JP was a very good compromise between both worlds...
PS: Don't know the upgrades of this year's model...
PS2: I use it with Burton Restricted Cartel's and it's a good all around set up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.