Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skins?
Thread: Skins?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

If you buy anything but Voile Skins, you'll have to modify the skin shape to work with a splitboard ski. That said, it's not hard, I've done it. My skins are ugly as fuck though. Someone with better artistic skills will probably not be as bad as mine. They work fine though.

Voile uses Black Diamond ascension skins. Tried and true. Very reliable. You can't go wrong with their skins. As long as they work for your skis. They do not come with a tail kit, but you can add one easy enough. Spark is going to have a tail kit offered this season. It looks sweet. The G3 twin tip connector works great too and is easy to install.

For my latest split I found that the Voile skins were not wide enough for my wide board. So I gave climbingskinsdirect.com a try. They come with a tip and tail kit which works fine. Though it is not as nice as the G3 or Spark attachments, it is plenty effective. The skins climb fine and are more supple than the Voile BD Ascension skins. Making them easier to fold and such. The glue seems to be fine, though I only have one season on them. They are also a lot cheaper than other skins on the market. Big + there. I ordered the twin tip skins in the 140mm width for my split. If you order from them, make sure you send an follow up email letting them know this is for a splitboard. They'll send the tip and tail clip kit that works best for splits.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote