Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2011 Forum Destroyer Chillydog

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCity 
#1 ·
Anyone with this board? Searched the net and it seems the perfect board for me. All mountain, from cruising, jibbing, buttering to even jumps. At least from the reviews so far, it does decent on everything. Just wanted to get one last opinion from you guys that have it here. How you like it? Also, is it more towards the stiffer end or softer end of the spectrum(its rated at 5). Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
2011, Chillydog. I read your review, you seem to not like the pop. For me, I wont be hitting many jumps, but would like to cruise around, jump off some things here and there, jib around, and butter a bit too! I'M look at the chillydog cause its like $140-160 cheaper than the doubledog. I'M still learning, so the cheaper the better for me. :)

Found these two reviews:
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/forum-destroyer-and-shakas-my-take/

http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/forum-destroyer-with-republics-my-take/

seems like you like the non chillydog board more.

#7 ·
Doubledog is what I'd ride if I had my choice. It has better edge hold because of the micro camber and that adds a bit more snap. It's still playful for me but has the precision grip and control I want. For you and what you're wanting I think Chillydog might work it's just going to be a little looser and more playful plus with a cheaper price tag that equals more lift tickets and I'm cool with that.

#9 ·
I liked the Chili version better. The addition of the camber and what seemed to be squeezebox made it just a little too aggressive for my build and riding style. In my opinion the 2011 with Chili was a little underrated. If they had kept the style I rode in Nov, doubledog no squeeze, I would say that. But they didn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.