Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Youth board for adult
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
fcpchop

I was in a rather similar dilemma as you last year. I ended up going with the Evo Grom 142. It still comes with a year long warranty which is equivalent to most adult snowboards, although the adult Never Summer boards come with a 3 year warranty. Basically the board held up quite well for me, I used it more than 30 days last year and learned quite a bit on it. It was my second year riding, so I went from hitting 5ft jumps to 25ft jumps on this board and learned a lot on boxes and rails as well. Still learning, I took plenty of dinks and falls on the board and as I said I think it held up well for me. It was almost half the price so I can't complain at all for the use I got out of it. But to be honest I think I'll be getting a new board this year. According to Vman on this forum, who works at Never Summer, the grom boards don't come with all the technology the adult boards come with, hence the cheaper price. I grew a bit, and I am a little bigger than you at 5'5 115 lbs, so I'm going with a bigger board to use around the mountain then still use the evo mini as a jib stick. Good luck with your decision, I know how difficult it can be.

BTW, this years Evo looks sooo sick, and all boards from never summer are made by hand in The U.S. If you don't go with the mini why not get the 147 evo instead of the park pickle. I should mention I never rode a park pickle and can't say whether or not it's better, but I can say I love the way the NS Rocker-Camber designs rides.

Last edited by fcpchop; 08-17-2011 at 08:17 PM.
fcpchop is offline   Reply With Quote