Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - skate banana - skating difficulty!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
asdf4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin MTX View Post
and you have no problem skating before? rocker boards just take a bit of time to get used to. honestly, it is not that big of a problem at all. i think 10 trips up and down and you should feel right at home
Yep, had no problem whatsoever before, no matter how much weight i try and put on that back foot, as soon as i start turning, the board just starts to pivot. i have my rear boot locked in against the binding. im guessing the back half of the board is just not getting enough contact with the snow and doesnt dig in, which in turn causes the spins :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Osprey View Post
Actually thats what I do. For centre RC boards I skate with back foot on the centre or closer to the front and steer with half a board, I find stopping and changing directions whilst skating easier this way.
Glad to hear im not the only one! so did you have issues with spinning out as well in normal boot position against the binding? im guessing you have a massive stomp pad or something in the middle of the board to keep your foot planted? is it way harder to balance seeing as your weight is only distributed across half of the board?

Thanks for the feedback guys!!
asdf4 is offline   Reply With Quote