Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - skate banana - skating difficulty!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thad Osprey

No I dont have issues spinning out with my foot against the back binding. Actually RC boards are not difficult to skate on much more than any other board. Straight Gliding is pretty much the same. But I like to steer for a while (both toe and heel side turns) to get to where I want to strap in further down the slope so I find if you dont distribute your weight properly on an RC board you dont have enough edge contact to get the controlled feeling you want.

No I dont have a massive stomp pad and in general I dont like/advocate the use of one for the sole reason that it encourages you weighting your back foot when you skate (placing it against the back binding prevents slipping but you should still weight your front foot more, skating is not the same as riding and IMHO shouldnt be treated that way).

I find that its not hard to balance with your weight over half the board, and infact feel its easier, but there is NO CORRECT WAY for this. I like to balance most of my weight over the part of the board I will eventually brake with cos if you skate someway down the slope you gain speed and if your back foot is all over the place it could get ugly. But why dont you try various options and see how it goes? People do so many one-legged tricks these days that the possibilites are endless.
Thad Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote