Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dakine Low Roller Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
sciknen

Default Dakine Low Roller Bag

Hey how we doing..

I have a thread going about picking out a good bag.

What I was looking for was something big enough, with padding, and for travel.

People were saying here to get something with wheels as I will be going through airports. So That was added to the list as well.

I did a little searching for reviews online and found good stuff on the Dakine Low Roller.

Well I picked her up from altrec $90 shipped. She got here in 4 days. Great shipping.

Okay well here she is in the box.. Huge

Here she is all laid out.. Looks well built, double stiched seams. The zippers are heavy duty, could be heavier duty though, Also you can lock all the zippers, even the front boot pockets. multiple handles, look well built.

She has some kind of reflective lining? Also has a id take holder thing. Name address type of stuff, can't see in picture

This is the minimum I will be keeping in here. Mostly for just a short trip to a small mountain out here.1 snowboard, 1 pair of boots. 1 light jacket, 1 snowboard pants, 1 longjohns, 1 pair of gloves, 1 baclava, 3 pairs of socks ( probably wear a pair to the mountain). there will also be a sweatshirt of something of some kind and a t shirt that I will be wearing to the mountain most likely.

My only gripe with the bag. Boots don't fit in the boot pockets. They are Burton Freestyle size 12.

The board is a Lib Tech Skunk Ape 169 with Burton bindings forget what kind right now. The board fits in the bag well, a little bit of room as it is 175 bag. Not to worried about the length, just pack it well. The width of the board is a non factor in this bag, plenty of room.

One thing that worries me is my bindings over hanging the board. Not sure if they will get broken off.. I can always just take them off while I ship or just the ankle support thing, not sure of the name.

The padding doesn't seem like much to me, not sure how much I need though. Here is the thickness at the bottom end of the bag near the wheels

Have any questions just post up here or shoot me a pm.
Thanks
Steve

Last edited by sciknen; 08-21-2011 at 11:38 AM.
sciknen is offline   Reply With Quote