Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

real time snowboard stats for videos

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  wrathfuldeity 
#1 · (Edited)

Hi, I'm a pretty average snowboarder who has been working on a geeky snowboard project ( AntiMap Video - http://vimeo.com/27648004 ) and was hoping to get some help and feedback, comments, suggestions on progress so far before releasing?

The project consists of 2 parts- a mobile application that records stats as you ride, and a desktop application which syncs the stats from your phone with video footage (not from the phone). All stats and visuals are auto generated. It was inspired by playing Shaun White snowboarding on Nintendo Wii.

I think the main use for these applications will be creating your own personal snowboard movies. Most snowboarders I know get out there cameras every now and then to do a little filming, this project requires the rider to also open up a mobile application and hit record. Place your mobile against your hip inside your pants/underwear (most stable and accurate readings from this position), and that's it. Later on when you get home, the desktop application allows you to sync your phone data with any video footage taken of yourself.

Help?

I was unhappy with the footage I got, just wondering if any snowboarders want to aid in testing, and help me cut a better video. All I need is someone with access to a camera, a decent android phone (iphone version coming soon), and some snowboarding skills. I'd love to see a park run, with a few clean spins (5's, 7's, etc) off decent hits. Email me at theantimap@gmail.com if interested.

Here is a link to the video with longer description: http://vimeo.com/27648004

Applications will be released soon.

Thanks,
Trent.

See less See more
#10 ·
Aiidoneus...

IPhone version will be ready in a couple of months (50% finished). Am on holiday but this is first priority when I get home. Am building iPhone version with latest openframeworks. If you know how to access the 'speed' property from core location please email me, I'm stuck on that.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.