Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Unknown Trick

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  connordd 
#1 ·
Ok so I was watching a youtube video today of some guy snowboarding up at boyne highlands. He kept doing these flips off the kickers but all he did was lean forward and rotate his body so the board did the actually flipping and all he did was spin. Can anyone tell me what this called and how to do it without breaking my neck. It looks like one of the easier flips to learn but I may be wrong...

Heres a link if you don't know what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFYcm67XoU&feature=related

He tries it at 1:10 and a couple of other times during the video. Doesn't quite look like a front flip...

#7 ·
at 1:10 it looks like he just hucked a front flip really hard and the nose of his board slipped out from underneath hin because he hadn't cleared the jump and he just flipped really fast lol.

#10 ·
Looks like a lamedog.

Tamedog is just a front flipping cartwheel. It's called that because one of the ways you can backflip (cartwheel style) is called wild cat and since you are flipping in the opposite direction ... you can figure out the rest.

Wild cats are way better than regular backflips but don't look quite as gnarly as brodeos, chicane or mistys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.