Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowboarding Forum Mobile App

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  seriouscat 
#1 ·
I was just thinking that this forum could make a mobile app for the iPhone or other smartphone. I usually receive the updates in my iPhone mailbox, so I usually view the message from clicking the link in the mail. Then it's very laggy (because of viewing a regular site on my mobile iPhone) to type or surf around the site. I was wondering if you could make a mobile version/app in the app store to speed the site up a bit, because I usually surf around this forum throughout the day.

Thanks,

Brian

#9 ·
FWIW, vBulletin has a product for doing branded mobile apps (for additional license cost), as well as mobile styles for web browsing (included for no extra cost I believe), but I think these are only in 4.0 and later so it would require an upgrade. I would imagine the admins are aware of this, but must not be ready to upgrade yet.

#10 ·
I did get a response back. The forum app is in the works but it's going to be awhile. Like don't hold your breath awhile. Sorry guys, that sucks. Sounds like something that might come around 1st quarter next year if I had to hazard a guess. It is definitely on the radar with them. Looks like we might actually get a front page though. Now we just have to figure out what we want there. I am a fan of scantily clad go go girls myself...

#11 ·
Thanks for bringing up the forum app Kill! To bad the timetable on it is long. As for a front page image, you can never go wrong with scantily clad go-go girls. Especially if they are lightly snow themed in there (almost) attire. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.