Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice if starting from scratch with skateboarding?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
SnowBanana
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiidoneus View Post
Others may disagree, but the biggest difference in how a board rides for me is the trucks and bushings. Bushings are cheap, and completely change how it rides. I use paris trucks with really soft bushings so it carves quickly. However that will make it more unstable at high speeds. My preference is just to cruise around and do tricks instead of bomb hills at high speed.
aiidoneus brings up a good point, as for skateboarding, adjusting your king pins on you trucks does this, the tighter it is makes it harder to perform carves like heel side/toe side in snowboarding and you will have to rely on kick turns more, but will give you a more stable ride at higher speeds and allow you to I guess, to an extent, help with your tricking but I think the truck height affects this more.

Looser trucks/king pins makes it a lot easier to initiate those turns without resulting in a kick turn, but if it's to loose this may result in wheel bite. It's just about the right balance for you, I like having tighter trucks as I almost 100 percent of the time use kick turns anyways.

This really does affect how you ride and your experience so, yes it's a must to configure it to your liking.

My snow surfer setup:
2012 153 Lib Tech Attack Banana
Ride Delta MVMNTs
Nike Kaiju Quickstrikes

Last edited by SnowBanana; 08-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.
SnowBanana is offline   Reply With Quote