Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice if starting from scratch with skateboarding?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
aiidoneus
Resident Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBanana View Post
aiidoneus brings up a good point, as for skateboarding, adjusting your king pins on you trucks does this, the tighter it is makes it harder to perform carves like heel side/toe side in snowboarding and you will have to rely on kick turns more, but will give you a more stable ride at higher speeds and allow you to I guess, to an extent, help with your tricking but I think the truck height affects this more.

Looser trucks/king pins makes it a lot easier to initiate those turns without resulting in a kick turn, but if it's to loose this may result in wheel bite. It's just about the right balance for you, I like having tighter trucks as I almost 100 percent of the time use kick turns anyways.

This really does affect how you ride and your experience so, yes it's a must to configure it to your liking.
Ya, on a skateboard I like tighter kingpins. Helps me land tricks. Longboarding I like looser for the carving feel.
aiidoneus is offline   Reply With Quote