Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dakine Low Roller Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
MeanJoe

Hard to tell from your pics if the bag is actually padded or just lined. I have a Burton Gig bag (non-wheelies) that has the same type of lining but it is padded on both sides. I've never had a problem with the bindings or any kind of damage while traveling and I've done a few trips out west via the airlines using the bag. Since the gig bag is pretty slim profile, I usually stuff a jacket/pants between the bindings and carrying boots in it is not possible. I use a second gear bag for my boots and other stuff.

Unsolicited tip - If you are traveling by air and have a helmet, save yourself some packing room by clicking the helmet onto your carry-on backpack with a or d-ring or carabiner. Helmets take up too much space in a bag to pack them with your gear. I usually toss gloves, my air hole mask, and small electronics like HD cam and all my charging cables into a CamelBak and clip my helmet on the outside and carry that onto the plane.

Thanks for posting the review, I'm in the market for a new bag as my new board won't fit in my current Gig bag. I'll check out the Dakine, I think they carry it at my local shop.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote