Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - OK so...what are your favorite Freestyle bindings
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
bmies

I cant think anything but good things about my Rome 390s. I know its said alot on here, but for good reason I think.

I rode some Drake Podiums for 2 years before the 390s and I didnt know what a good binding felt like. The Romes are comfortable (using the toe strap on the tip of the boot instead of over the top). The base has some cushion to it. I feel no pressure points yet dont seem to have given up any response. Even when I was on lockdown, very tight straps, on my Drakes, these feel more responsive. They aleviated much of the foot fatigue I had.

Cant speak for true freestyle, but the last time I was riding, I was teaching a friend and used the slow speed to really play on everything I could practicing the slowspeed skills. Buttering, popping 1s , generally goofing off. They were forgiving on these low speed, high flex conditions, much more so than my Drakes. The night before I had some of the most comfortable and confident runs ever bombing down the mountain at full speed holding edges on icy spots and popping off the drops. Nothing but good things to say ebout them here.