Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dakine Low Roller Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
sidewaysSA

I have the same bag, but slightly smaller. It's done overseas trips now and I am yet to have any issues with the bag or its contents while travelling. This last trip I packed two boards, my boots (size 10) which did squeeze into the boot pocket, a helmet (which I would probably carry on in future more to save on weight than space), my jacket and two pairs of snow pants along with other odd items of clothing and equipment. All came in under weight and packed in nicely. The padding has been plenty enough for me and the only little gripe I would have is that I can't fit all my other gear for a two week trip in (non snow gear).
I overcame this obstacle on my last trip by using a north face duffel as my carry on. Was enough to fit my clothes (which admittedly I still had too many of) cameras and computer.

I'd recommend this bag to anyone who knows how to pack their gear effectively. If you don't There are some good wide Burton bags around that will hold a lot more gear, or gear not packed as well.

Unsolicited packing tip: Use all the space you can for smaller items. The gaps under your folded down highbacks, inside your helmet. between the bindings, in your boots. It all counts.
sidewaysSA is offline   Reply With Quote