Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Flux DS30's with a 153 T.Rice C2 Power Banana????

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  zon233 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm a bit torn. I want to buy the Flux DS30 Bindings and i have a 2011 153 T. Rice C2 Power Banana. I am 180 pounds so that is my park board lol..
Just wondering what yous think on this particular combo - good or bad lemme know.
I have a Skate Banana that i could put those bindings on as well but i prefer to ride the power banana as its Awesome!!!.
If anyone can recommend a pair of bindings for the power banana that would be great too! i'm looking for the most flex from the paired setup.

#3 ·
Nivek, Thank you!
It makes sense that the DS30's would be too soft. I might buy those for the Skate Banana i have and try out the TT30's for the T. Rice.
Last season i rode the Rice all season and thats where i got the flexy feel from it as if though it was made perfectly for me, i know its not a flexy type of board being a 7 flex but i'm guessing its my weight that helps bending the crap out of it lol... The skate Banana is almost too soft, almost...

Either way, thank you for your input, i just needed another opinion, i looked up the TT30's and they dont seem to differ much from the DS30's so i think i will be happy with those TT30's. I am going to order them in a couple of weeks...
Thanks again!!

#4 ·
Nivek,
I think i'm gonna order those bindings today, F' it!!,
you really think the TT30's are the softest flux binding that i could pair up with the Rice?
Thats what i'm looking for, the softest binding i can put on there period. Obviously something will still work with the board.

#5 ·
Is that just because you're used to soft bindings? What will you get from softer bindings on a mid-stiff flex board? Even the TT30s are reasonabley flexy! (thats not to say that they wouldn't suit perfectly), If you can't find any chuck some Cartels or Targas/Arsenals on.

#9 ·
I've been using the K2 Auto Uprise, lately because i busted my other bindings, (not the bindings fault, but mine).
I'm just torn, lol i like softer boards like the Skate Banana that i have but when i rode the rice last season i didn't even touch my banana anymore lol.
It just has better support when i land, especially when my tail is too low, it really really supports me well but its a 7 flex.

I think i am just going to take advice and put the TT's or the Flows you recommended. I was reading up on the flows and although they are a bit pricey, they seem to be worth it.
Unless you have another suggestion.
See i love the softer boards like i said before but i fell in love with the Rice and havent used my other board since. In the Rice's defense the middle of the board feels almost like a 5.5 flex lol....

#12 ·
Yeah!!!! Finally someone who see's what i'm talking about. The board is rated at a 7 flex but it feels a lot softer than that. My Skate Banana and the T Rice feel just about the same in flexness.
You are going to love that board man. It holds me well with landings and it just totally shreds on the entire mountain. I haven't had a single complaint about it so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.