Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another board question: K2 Raygun, just right or not enough?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mack211

Question Another board question: K2 Raygun, just right or not enough?

I'm in the market for my first owned board. I'm leaning towards the K2 Raygun but not sure if it's the best to grow with for the next 2-3 seasons.

Background:
I've been boarding between 6-15 days each year for around 14 years now. I just moved up to Colorado with my wife to finish her grad school. We bought Epic Local season passes to hit the slopes as much as possible. I'm finally in the position to make buying a board worth it. I would consider myself just intermediate and stuck there, since I only board a few days each year. I'm looking for a solid board that I can use for the next 2-3 seasons.

I've heard great things about the Raygun but I've also heard it is somewhat of a beginner board. I am looking for something I can grow with. It needs to be an all mountain board with possibility to do 15-25% park.
Will this board do well for someone at my level and not want me to buy another board next season?

What would an equivalent Never Summer board be to the Raygun?

I appreciate the comments / help.

-Mack
Mack211 is offline   Reply With Quote