Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome Targas or 390s?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seedy J

Default Rome Targas or 390s?

I read the other thread here (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...rgas-390s.html) - lots of good information but I'm still not sure which one I should go with. I understand that the Targas are stiffer and more freeride oriented, and the 390s are a bit more forgiving and park oriented.

I'm an intermediate rider and probably stuck there for a while... there are no real blacks or steeps in Japan unless you go into the backcountry, and I don't know jack about avalanche safety. Problem is I'm not sure if I'm more of a freerider or a park rat yet. Lately I've been spending equal amounts of time in the trees and in the park. I ride boxes and rails, but I'm much more interested in kickers and off-piste.

I'm leaning towards the Targas... Stiff cars and bicycles have always done me well, so I'd probably like the same in snowboard gear. The only thing worrying me is all the adjustability... I'd probably find some way to screw it up. Are the Targas hard to set up? Or should I just get the 390s and set it and forget it?