Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flux Ds30 on NeverSummer Proto CTX?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Milo303
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSummer756 View Post
Just bought the Never Summer Proto CTX. Bought it online after a couple hours of research. When I got it today I found that it was a little stiffer than what I had expected. At least compared to my 2011 K2 fastplant. I was wondering if the Flux Ds30 would work on my new board. Mainly, what are the disadvantages of riding a slightly stiffer board with a slightly less stiff binding? Thank ya
You'll be just fine.

I think you'll see the Proto being more playful than you think. With the crazy new tech and shapes these days, it's much more difficult to find flex patterns without actually riding it. Pressing the board by hand doesn't give a good measurement these days. My Heritage feels very stiff when flexed by hand, but I can bend it all over the place when I rip with it. And at the same time the tail seems to have magical powers if I land tail heavy, and it suddenly plops me back down instead of spitting me over backwards.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote