Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

I need a new board.

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  MunkyBeast 
G
#1 ·
I have a burton indie board that snapped in two, so now i need a new board. This time i won't be penny-pinching. I'm looking for a board that does well in the park with jumps and railings but also a board that rides decently through the mountain. Also I would like a flexible board so my board doesn't snap in 2 again. I'm 5'6" and 140 pounds. Price range is anything under 500. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
An All mountain board seems right up your alley. Every major manufacture makes a great board that fits what you're looking for.

Never Summer SL
Rome Agent or Anthem
Burton Uninc or Custom
Atomic Cold smoke
Nitro has a couple that would fit the bill, so do Gnu, Lib tech, and Ride. I would say get a skate banana, but those are impossible to find until the '09s come out.

Sierrasnowboard has some killer deals right now on 08 boards, and you most of your local shops are probably trying to get rid of their 08 stock here soon. I just bought a Custom for $250 on sierra, but there are atleast a dozen boards that are designed for exactly what you are looking for, so shop around!

Size wise, I'd say you'll probably want something around 152-156. Shorter will be flexier and less stable at high speed, longer will be a little stiffer, but more stable at speed. Also, if you are still growing, err on the longer side.

#4 ·
Use what works.....

Sierrasnowboard has some killer deals right now on 08 boards,
I'll match anyone's pricing and I also ship UPS for free. Call it in and tell the associate what URL has what price. For a board order we'll throw in some love, like a stick of wax or a Tee.

Get em' now before they're all gone. Weather Man says the winter is still on for 6 more weeks. Powder day today/tomorrow.

G
#5 ·
I think i narrowed my choices down to the Rome Graft, Rome Agent, Burton Seven, and if i'm low on money maybe even the Burton Blunt. I don't think I want the Burton custom cuz it's to plain and the Burton uninc has weird graphics. If you guys could give me any more suggestions and comments on the boards i'm thinking about getting it would be great. Thanks~

G
#8 ·
okay so i'm getting a new board but i still need to know what the best size would be for me. I'm 5'6" and done growing. What size board would be best for the park? I had a 152, but not sure what would be best for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.