Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "Sponsor me" section?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
uh oh a virus 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
Isn't this your best means to get sponsored though??? More of a local guy?? If it is just someone over the web wouldn't they want to meet you and see your personality etc to see if you the type of guy they want to sponsor. Making the sponsor incur more costs by meeting you and actually seeing you ride or train.

As a 5 second - 5 minute video can't tell the whole story.

Again not my thing, just wondering.
That is true, and I never said your idea won't work. Most people earn sponsorships through competitions. Scouts usually hang out and watch and sponsor the winners. Now you got lucky, you have a great shop near you. Most shops aren't that friendly. Even then though, a shop won't sponsor you because you look good. I doubt they will go out and ride with you - they require a video. So not only would I give the shops that are around me my video, but I can put it up on youtube. Now youtube has a HUUUUGE archive of sponsor-me videos. This would just make getting noticed easier. Now wether you hate the competition side of snowboarding or not, wouldn't you agree that this would help those that are interested in it?
uh oh a virus 2 is offline   Reply With Quote