Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Mammoth, Will I need a specialized Powder Board?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyjim View Post
So a good powder board isn't just a matter of getting a larger board?

What qualities in a board makes it a good powder board? Size, RC or Traditional etc....?
Really depends on your riding style in pow. The Charlie, one of the two CAPiTA's I still support, is directional rocker and tapered. So you will float super easy your natural direction but switch will be harder than average.

I prefer twins and directional twins unless I will literally only be riding 3ft deep all day. For in-bounds powder I find twins and dir-twins more useful.

In that case, look at a 159 Signal Omni, 157 Arbor Coda (full rocker allows the slightly smaller size), Similarly sized Flow Drifter, Nitro Team Gullwing, K2 Happy Hour, 2010 CAPiTA Indoor FK's are a blast in pow but kinda meh everywhere else (if you find one for cheap...), Forum Destroyer Doubledog, Burton Sherlock is seriously made for powder funtimes in-bounds, or a Bataleon Goliath. All around 157-161. More rocker means you can ride smaller if you wish, camber/rocker combos shoot for the middle sizes, and camber shoot for the upper end.

If you get the Omni, your board was made starting from 2x6's to the finished product 6 hours from your new home.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 09-12-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote