Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2012 Women's Park/freestyle Board

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Emur00 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting a new board this year and I'm looking for a board for an intermediate-advanced rider 128 lb for park and all mountain. the board needs to be primarily park, but not such a noodle that I wouldn't feel stable on the groomers and light pow. I am considering the Roxy 145 Ollie Pop, The Gnu park pickle,GNU B-street, NS Pandora, and the burton blender. Thoughts?

#2 ·
What kind of park riding? Jumps, rails, pipe? What are you riding now?

I think the Ollie Pop is more for beginner-intermediate riders, so you'd probably be happier on a different deck.

I loved my B-street: very soft, but could still handle the mountain. However, it is pretty unstable in choppy conditions. I prefer my Pandora because it is just as soft, but still suitable for all-mountain riding (better camber style and a damper ride).

I've heard good things about both the Park Pickle and the Blender, but I've never tried either of them.

For something with more pop: the Burton Lipstick, the Roxy Eminence, or the Arbor Cadence.

#3 · (Edited)
I ride a board i bought from my cousin a few years back. Its a lesser known brand and its pretty much just an all mountain board. I've been using my friend's board to ride park. I need to step up my set up and I feel more than comfortable investing in the better boards with the experience I;ve gained in the past few seasons.

I ride East Coast, so we often have ice or hard packed conditions and a lot of man-made snow. I only see powder like twice a year so the board needs to be able to put up a fight in east coast conditions. How well does the Pandora butter/press? My free style riding is mainly rails boxes and medium jumps. I don't ride pipe so I'm not looking for something stiff like a pipe board, but like I said, east coast weather here.

Its hard finding that playful park board that can still put up when it comes to stability. I'm not really looking for anything as still as the lipstick or eminence. I read a short buyer-review from an east-coaster who said the B-street was fine for handling east coast terrain but I don't trust everything I read. You said you have experience on both boards and I do like that dampening in the pandora, many people say it brings alot to the board. Also: doesn't the magne traction on the b-street help out the stability? I would think that might help out a ton on the ice while still keeping it buttery soft in the park.

#4 ·
Well, if you're on the East coast, I'd stick with something that has magnetraction edges (or something similar) for control on ice.

Gnu B-street - well made, rides well in powder, excellent edge control, banana camber (can feel unstable on flat), very soft, little dampening
Gnu Park Pickle - probably a bit stiffer than the other two and more stable all-mountain than the B-street, excellent edge control, banana camber, rides well in powder
NS Pandora - well made, rides well in powder, excellent edge control, R.c. camber (more stable on flat), more dampening, soft

Honestly, you'd have to demo the boards to know for sure which is best for you. Each one feels different and each rider has his or her own preferences. You can't go wrong with any of these boards. The question is whether you prefer a loose, "skate" feel or not.....

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah I really feel like the magne traction will make sure the B-street holds up in the ice here. I know the pandora has a smoother ride because of dampening but I haven't found anyone that can confirm its hold in icy conditions. If I was confident in the pandora's capabilities in ice.... that would probably be my go-to. DO you think teh B-street is well suited for intermediate-advanced riding? I see alot of people labeling it as beginner-intermediate maybe only because of the forgiving nature, but I don't want to be held back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.