Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #409 (permalink)
ippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy12 View Post
So i have decided on a bataleon for next season, but i cant decide between the goliath, the whatever, and the riot. My current set up is a NS evo so which one would go bestwith that. Im 5'9 145lbs and i ride east coast and this bosrd would be for pow, steeps, all mountain freestyle, and trees. no park other than a few jumps maybe. Thanks for the help
dude, have you thought about the allmtn/freeride rigs? Maybe the omni? Itd maybe be a bit more distinct from your evo which would open up some of your options a bit more... which of course would also add a nice balance to your quiver. You could have the omni for ripping and tearing it up in the slackcountry and on the resort or in the pipe, and the evo for cruising, hangover rides and a bit of resort pow or park laps. With the backshit inserts and the kick on the nose tbt this years omni would be one of my top choices for sure (if i didnt already have a nice pow charger in the charlie). If you want to tone down the freeride a bit you could go with the jam, but honestly i wouldnt give up those inserts, extra nose kick and setback for a twin shape. Plus its surprisingly a softish flex at 5-6-6. (the goliath is a straight 6 and the whatever is a straight 7 whilst the riot is 4-5-4 as if all that somehow describes the board ).

Sorry im hijacking your preferences for something id want in those conditions, but its maybe something to think about since i think its not on everyoens radar - but maybe has a decent shout in this case

Last edited by ippy; 09-16-2011 at 12:11 AM.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote