Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Rome 390 Boss vs Union Contact/Pro vs Flux RK30
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Medeenz

Default 2012 Rome 390 Boss vs Union Contact/Pro vs Flux RK30

I have finally narrowed down a board from my list of snowboards from the 2012 Arbor Draft and Horrorscope to the Artifact Rocker.

Now I need a binding to fit the Artifact. I'm a park rat that is going to be uping my game in spins on 15 - 30 footers max and my rail game. I ride at Bear Mtn, 5'8 165 lbs sz 9.

I was thinking of the 390 boss bc I like the cant option for rocker, board feel and comfort. Plus most of the reviews don't really have bad things to say about the 390s.

The Contacts seem really cool bc of the board feel, flex for tweeks plus they finally changed the toe strap ( which I hated about Union prior ). But reviews are up an down with Union in general and I'm a little unsure. It seems that you either love em or hate em, no in between.

Flux RK30 has got me interested in Urethane for its flex, plus I've heard good things about the binding overall but I'm not sure about the absorption on the base plat bc it doesn't have the full bed.

What are your thoughts on the bindings and what I think about them? Any other's I should check out?

Thanks for the help!
Medeenz is offline   Reply With Quote