Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Don't ignore that foot pain!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ttam 
#1 ·
I've had some serious foot pain for the last couple of seasons. I thought it was my new boots, my stance, whatever. I went to the doc and had x-rays and some physical therapy...nothing seemed to help. I usually spend the summer playing beach volleyball, waiting for snowboard season to start, but I couldn't even do that this year. I was "resting," hoping it would make my foot feel better. Finally, I insisted on something more than passive "therapy" and crap because my foot hurt so bad, so my doctor arranged for an MRI. Turns out the pain was because the tendon that wraps from my ankle to the fifth metatarsal (the bone on the outside edge of your foot) is completely disconnected. Gonzo. I need surgery. Not sure if I'm even going to be able to ride this season. Fuckity fuck fuck. Pardon my French.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that, glad it got figured out though.

We have learned to become own doctor. My middle boy was diagnosed by 2 doctors and prescribed PT, a pulled muscle in his neck. After a week or so we pressed for a 3rd opinion, he was "immediately" scheduled for surgery. They were doing PT on a large blood clot in his neck, We F'in freaked, he could have died!!!
Listen to your body, you knew something was wrong and tried the correct route. I guess I'm saying don't take their answer if you feel it is not healing in a timely manner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.