Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with ollies
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

have become best buds with my riding partner this past year and while he rode the last couple seasons, he didnt have anyone to ride with and he had no background in skateboarding.

i told him "learn to ollie a skateboard, and ollieing a snowboard will be cake"

now obviously the mechanics of a snowboard ollie are a little different, however, big ollies were the only thing i was ever good at sk8ing (skated alot from about age 10-25, now 35), and i have to say that i did not have to learn to ollie a snowboard.

first and foremost the reason behind this is that ollieing a skateboard is HARD. it is a very complicated timed kinetic requiring the perfect mixture of power, finesse and timing. watch ANYONE trying to learn to olllie a sk8 for their first time and its pretty obvious/funny because what they are trying to do usually looks nothing like an ollie.

if u can ollie up a curb on a sk8board you can probably ollie 2 foot on your snowboard.

this maybe the hard way to learn but theres a reason there are alot of sk8 skillz involved in snowboarding and while it may not be easy, i guarantee it will work.

Last edited by snowklinger; 09-17-2011 at 02:52 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote