Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #496 (permalink)
JRZBoarder

I think I would have preferred the white base actually, but I guess a plus with the black is that it's easier to see the wax.

It seems like a very well built board. Some people say they don't like the top sheet, but I think it looks great. The topsheet also seems like it will resist scratches very well. It's a really light board, noticeably lighter then my current 10' Burton Custom. As people said it is a bigger board than the sizes would have you believe just because of the blunted ends and how long the effect edge is. My 158 seems like it's more of a 162 with a short tip and tail to bring it down to 158. Makes me wonder if I should have gone with the 155 since I was in between at 180lbs. If your using it for more park I would go a size smaller then you normally would. I'm using it for all mountain so the extra 'length' will be a bonus. Everyones been right on with the flex. NS says 5, but I'd say a little more. This is my first reverse camber board so while the flex is in the 5-6 range it does flex more then camber boards I've been on with a 5 rating.

My only regret is that now I'm going to be totured for 3 months until the season starts here.
JRZBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote