Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride-all mountain board advice for expert rider
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
mr.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Don't take my lack of conversation on your choices as dislike. The Buttons you can, but mainly as I don't trust ICS. If those bolts come a little loose your whole binding base the freedom to twist and slide. I like my knees intact. If 4 whole comes a little loose your foot wiggled, that's it.

Your other selections I have no experience with and cant't comment on.

Curious you find the Slackcountry not tapered enough. It is their powder board designed for deep snow. It floats very well. But if you are looking for a more aggressive taper, I would even move from the Raptor to the Summit from Neversummer.

I don't recall its level of taper, if any, but you may also look into the Smoking KT22.

And I notice you are sizing up from your Baron which I assume is based on your comment that it was average in deep snow. Keep in mind a tapered, setback, rockered POW board is going to float almost effortlessly.
RE: ICS I don't know as I don't have them in mine, you might have made a point of which I was unaware of.

RE: Neversummer and Smokin, I'm based in Europe and I don't have local shops selling these brands.

I'm not sizing up in fact, I'm pretty much happy where I am at around 168, less if wider or more but they are pretty much equivalents... probably I could stay at 165 with Khyber, but then again I like speed and length = stability.

Btw what do you ride and what's your style / experience?
mr.moon is offline   Reply With Quote