Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need a car
Thread: need a car
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
SPAZ
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
I can vouch for Volvo's, I have a 1994 940 non-turbo I got with 116K for $1000 (minor head leak) and have had nothing but good experiences with it. It's not 4WD of course, but I slapped some high-end all-terrain tires on her and have driven in sketch most people with 4WD would avoid (the car is heavier then shit for a sedan, which really helps in snow. Only issue with Volvos is that if you want a newer 4WD model, they are fairly pricey. If you have the money though, they are a very reliable, safe, and trendy car.

Taken from wikipedia - "Their vision was to build cars that could withstand the rigors of Sweden's rough roads and cold temperatures. This has become a feature of Volvo products ever since"

I also love that mine has a hatch in the trunk for skis, (and the trunk is so big it will fit 2 156 snowboards)
once ford bought the company their quality control went to shit though. the 2000 s60 was the last volvo to be discontinued that was not designed by ford. plus the older ones like you said are trendy. all the old ones look so cool.
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote