Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #500 (permalink)
zivicIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchijajonshim View Post
My stats are somewhat similar (5'11", 190 lb). For future reference, I wouldn't group groomers and backcountry together... very different kinds of riding. I'm in a similar predicament. I actually have the 157 in my possession but may opt for the 160 instead. My gut feeling is that if you want zippier board for short radius turns in trees, probably the 157; if you're looking more for long drawn out carves, probably the 160. I go back and forth by the day, but I'm leaning 160.

If your boots are 1:1 lasted (some companies use 1 size shell for 2 sizes, some companies have a different size shell for every half size), I'd lean go 160 or the 158 CTX Wide if you end up 11.5s. That's barring getting a more low profile boot, in which case you can rock either.
Hey dude thanks for the fast reply. I didn't mean to group both the two together, just meant that i enjoy both styles of riding. On some more specifics.. im riding more in Mammoth and Tahoe where tree runs and groomers call for a little sharper of turns. Also, as far as shell sizes go not too familiar however im planning on getting new boots this season and was looking at the Nike Zoom Kaiju. Any more input would be great. And in your opinion how much overhang is "acceptable". Thanks again
zivicIRL is offline   Reply With Quote