Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #427 (permalink)
iFrozenFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Boys are on it. The Jam will be perfect for you. The question I would have is are you against going with a directional board? You mentioned buttering, jibs, Etc as a bonus. If you meant that they are actually a minor issue for you and you really want to push the carving on harpack thing, then you should consider the Omni. That deck is as good as any board ever at maching and setting an edge on hardpack, cord, etc.

Let us know and we will size you up.

Thanks!
Well my current board is a Custom 2005 (154 I believe) and I think i would rather go twin because I'd like a board to be good for jibbing ect but i dont want to give up good edge hold to be able to do it.

The other thing that's been bugging me: I currently ride a 154, but recently i've read that board length is decided almost soley by weight. When i bought my board i was advised (possibly incorrectly) that it should come up to about my chin. But my 154 Custom has always ridden fine, carves well not the best pop but i wouldn't attribute that to the shorter length? So is it a just an unfounded prejudice for the longer board?

Thanks.
iFrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote