Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 03:55 AM   #1436 (permalink)
SoUlRiDer

Cool That i would intro myself... ^_~

So I am a single dad. 33 Yrs old. Been riding for the last 3 seasons. We are from the lower 48 (that is an Alaskan reference to the parts of the U.S. That actually touch each other.)but live in anchorage, Alaska. My first time on a board was an insane mess of ice pack at App mountain that ended up with me faceplanting myself via toe edge at 40 mph into the land of unconsciousness.. Lol.. Friend from college took me. I was hooked...

I had decided that if I was going to live here I might as well ride or die! =) but after that one run in college I didn't have anyone to help me learn so I just fell my way down the hill until it clicked.
And unfortunately for my body i have had a terribly bad habit of jumping things since i was able to ride any thing. And usually i did it w/o knowing the right way to do it. Lol..

During my educational process of crashing into things like the ground and things growing/ sticking up out of it, i have learned that no matter what have fun, wear a helmet, and when parking it up wear knee pads.... Lol.. I have cracked my ribs and slammed my floating ribs and lots of bruises to prove them a good investment...lol i do feel very lucky that i have the epic fortune to call Alyeska my stomping ground. I have been playing safe though and haven't ventured into the back country yet. Not until I get a beacon, full avalanche survival kit, and 2way radios. Oh and a board that is better suited for the deep nector of the gods known as powder. I am 6'3" 260 lbs. So I tend to sink and stop in the thick stuff. I currently use a ride prophet 163. Which is an amazing board, but I tried the high traverse at Aly and just kept sinking... So I tend to stay on the groomed areas. But it isn't enough. Lol... I need more. That is what brought me here. I stumbled upon this forum looking place that I can learn more at. I and I am glad I did too. Already learned way more than I thought I would. =) Actually, I learned about all the things I was doing wrong... Lol.
SoUlRiDer is offline   Reply With Quote