Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "Winterizing" my Yaris
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

I wont deny that skill and being an idiot are the main reasons for any problems with driving. However the fact that i see these vehicles in the ditch is not random, i'm pretty sure they are really doing it at a much higher rate than corollas and civics. Obviously my honda could not pull your truck out, obviously the truck could pull me out. The thing is most people do not need most of the capability of the truck, and being in these big, heavy vehicles gives them a sense of overconfidence, so they tail me half way to summit county before wiping out and i get there first anyway. For professional drivers, granted, being in a big ass truck is no doubt a very safe way to drive in the winter....however for the average joe, driving up and down to the slopes in the winter, they and the rest of us would be much better served if they drove a vehicle within their abilities (both the vehicle and the way they drive it). My point is that the concept that those are winter vehicles while others are not is false and is a widely preconceived notion that is no doubt enforced in car dealerships and enjoyed by gas stations.

Hey ill put it out there right now, about a week b4 i put my snow tires on last year we got caught in a storm and i had pretty bald summer tires, went off a pretty curly exit ramp and a super nice dude in his tahoe pulled me out. The whole ordeal was over in like 2 minutes it was pretty fuckin cool.

Last edited by snowklinger; 09-26-2011 at 10:28 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote