Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Front Range Driving Conditions
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
It's because we have to come out empty, and they send us around the pass. Having us go around the pass is completely ridiculous these days.....

They'd rather us go over a way more risky road and heighten our chances of falling off the hill vs just letting us take the easy road and maybe burn up somewhere not over a cliff
I'm not knocking fuel truck drivers. Both you and wolfie have done it plenty. I believe you know what you are doing. It's just when these trucks go bad, it's really bad, especially in the mountains. I spent almost four hours sitting on I70 east of the Bakerville exit because some fuel truck going West bound up Georgtown hill managed to roll on it's side and spill fuel. Not sure what happened. A vehicle could have cut them off, or the driver just could have not been paying attention. I know that pulling this going up Georgetown hill is pretty damn impressive.

Then you have the lady who was drunk driving the tanker down Floyd Hill. Well she blew herself up, but it closed the highway. I was leaving early enough I caught wind of it on the news and drove up 6 before everyone else decided to do the same. The first four hours of a huge powder day at Winterpark were enjoyed by about 100 people at the resort. Pretty damn fine day actually...