Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - May be moving to Norcal where should I get a pass?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

I'm probably buying Squaw. As kill said, Squaw is king. You also get Alpine Meadows included with it, and that's a great mountain too.

Kirkwood has some of the best terrain in Tahoe and you can ride there for $299 or so.

The Sierra/Northstar double whammy used to be an awesome deal but sadly Northstar got bought by Vail.

Sierra at Tahoe is still a great mountain. Some great tree riding, especially in West Bowl. They also have Huckleberry Canyon which is also some awesome sidecountry but can get pretty gnarly in places. Pass there is pretty reasonable but I can't remember the exact price off the top of my head. I worked here for a season and go to know the mountain fairly well.

The combined Alpine, Homewood and Kirkwood pass is for college students only. Gotta be able to prove it etc.

Heavenly just isn't worth it, especially for a boarder. Lots of flat areas there and if you don't know the mountain you spend half the day walking. Plus it can get really crowded, and is probably the most "touristy" of the mountains in Tahoe. I don't know many locals who ride there except for $25 pass days and whatnot.

I think your best bets are:

Squaw/Alpine Meadows
Sierra at Tahoe
Kirkwood

Last edited by RVM; 10-05-2011 at 05:52 PM.
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote