Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or do Republicans...
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

People are shocked that I am a republican. It's only when you talk fiscal matters that the GOP inside of me comes out. Shit I voted against Bush in 2004. I don't consider him a conservative.

Social issues I'm apathetic or actually a bit liberal. Smoke your pot, drop your E, I don't care. I worry about my family, not what you do in your household.

I also understand that both sides are 100% the same, just on opposite viewpoints. Both are hypocrites.

What I can't stand is the media though. 100% biased and liberal, except for the conservative outlets of course, which are biased the other way. But it is what it is. The internet has equalized that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVM View Post

Personally, I'm a Marxist at heart but a Social Democrat a bit after the style of the German SDP.
And that's totally cool with me. 99% of my friends are the same. I have maybe 3 friends who share the same view as me. But we're still friends

I think that there is no perfect world, that the best govt. (ours) is balanced between my views and yours. I think our worst years are when we have an unbalanced govt. And that's what our Founding Fathers wanted. Checks and balances. Slow moving govt.

Have you read any of Tocqueville's stuff?

Last edited by jdang307; 10-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.