Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where is better Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear Lake??
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
firstx1017

Big Bear is where I am every weekend in winter - we rent a condo up there for the season. I would suggest Big Bear over Lake Arrowhead. Big Bear is closer to either Big Bear Resort or Snow Summit. They have two movie theaters and lots of restaurants. A few tubing areas also for the kids. There is a K-Mart and two grocery stores if needed.

Only been to Lake Arrowhead one time during the summer, but if you were going for boarding and a vacation I'd say Big Bear. Driving between the two can be more difficult than if you just stay in Big Bear. Pine Knot Ave. in Big Bear is a big hang out for the tourists. People walking around all the area stores. That is also where the 2 movie theaters are located. The last 2 winters they had an ice rink on one of the corners of Pine Knot Ave that you could rents skates and skate on. Again, there are several restaurants along there also. Around town there is a Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Carl's, McDonald's, and Subway is over by K Mart if you want fast food.

Our condo is at the bottom of the slopes of Snow Summit and when we pull in Friday afternoon we park the car and walk everywhere the whole weekend until we leave Sunday afternoon (after snowboarding that is) lol! Rinse and repeat the following weekend......

Last edited by firstx1017; 10-13-2011 at 10:38 AM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote