Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Custom Graphics

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  soundwave27 
#1 ·
So over the weekend I visited the Ski & Snowboard show here in Toronto. Had a great time, and spent more money than I should have. But what you going to do right? LOL.

Spent a lot of time, was amazed at the time this sales guy spent with me considering this was a show. Typically they try to funnel as many people through as possible. He took the time to walk through a whole ton of different boards, explaining the technology to me and trying to find the right board for me at my stage of development. This being only my second board. Enrique from Corbetts... Kudos!!

He wound up putting me into a Nitro Addict. From what he explained, it felt like the right board for me to grow on... moving up from my piece of shit Lamar Mission internet special. I had a BLAST on the board last season. Made great strides, but it's time to move up a notch. I know it's probably only a notch... there's much better out there. But I'm on a budget, and still learning. At least this one feels like a real board. I can tell the manufacturing quality differences just by looking at it. Super excited to get out and try it.

Anyway, the one issue I have with it is I really don't like the photographic graphics on it. I wasn't buying a board for the graphics, I was buying for getting the right one to progress on. But to make it a little more fun, I'm thinking about making it more fun by getting some custom graphics.

I know a graphic design guy, and figured I'd get him to design something then get someone to affix it doing the same style as vehicle wrapping.

Has anyone else ever done a complete customization of graphics to a board before? How did you do it?

I know most will say who cares or don't bother. And I'm really kinda leaning that way. Save the money for lift tickets instead. LOL. But I'm just curious if anyone's done this.

See less See more
#2 ·
They guy I bought my first snowboard from (a ~1999 GNU Altered Genetics 156) covered the entire top with a vinyl graphic/photo that he printed up (he was going into the printing/sign business).

It has held up very well over the past few years. Obviously, you will have to cut it or file it away at the snowboard edges. Let me know if you want a hi-resolution photo of what the graphics/board interface looks like

#4 ·
Any sign shop who does vehicle graphics/wraps should be able to do it. Tell them its for a snowboard and that they should use and quote price on vehicle media/laminate. They won't warranty it but it should last quite well anyway. The installation should only take 15 minutes with someone who knows what they are doing... take board in with bindings off (obviously). If you have the $ get them to install it, it'll save you fucking it up and having to pay for another graphic.

Justin, if your friend owns a sign shop and wraps vehicles then there is no reason he couldn't do a snowboard

#5 ·
ya i know he can and he is gonna do one for me soon. it is more a matter of if he wants to make it a part of his business. he is very busy and don't want to start listing his info if he is not looking to branch that way. maybe i will ask him if he is interested and if he is then i will post his company info.

#6 ·
Most of the shit sign shops do is custom.... so in theory just walk into or call ANY sign shop and get a quote. Just have approx size - length x width and go for it.

Doesn't have to be a specific shop in a specific location or some fancy 'all we do is snowboard graphics' joint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.