Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2011 K2 Turbo Dream 157W
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm also in love with the TurboDream, I have the 2010-2011 157W model with about 40 Minnesota days on it and about 10 in Utah\Colorado where last winter we had two 3 foot pow days(snow was up to people chests at Brighton\PowMow) followed up by several 6-18in days so I got to try it on everything from glare ice, groomers to deep and dry pow.

Needed an all mountain board with powder\sidecountry tendencies , I've ridden a few NS Hermitages and X's as well as some of the newer GNU's & Lib Tech's and liked them all. I came from an uber stiff 2009 Burton T6 reg camber, which railed in the turns but was too stiff for Midwest riding and just not a ton of fun.

I do believe some of the boards with Hybrid Camber\Rocker(rocker in the center and camber at the tips) would be slightly better for all mountain conditions but were moving to Utah in December and I wanted a board that REALLY excelled in powder but was still “good” for all mountain which is the boards specialty.

Have fun!